Data Analyst – Head Office (Stockport)
Closing date – 9th October 2016
Salary:Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is renowned amongst retailers and caterers throughout the North, as the region’s foremost independent Cash and Carry and proud owner of Go Local, one of the country’s fastest growing symbol groups.
They have a very ambitious long term strategy and are keen to bring on board exceptional individuals to join their very exciting company - they are employee owned which means they do things a little bit differently.
They have a unique opening for a newly created role of Data Analyst who will be crucial in providing efficient and high quality information and business insight to both our Supplier Partners and internal Company departments.
As a Data Analyst you will report into the IT Manager and form key working relationships across both the Trading and Management Teams. You will also build strong working relationships with our Supplier Partners. You will confidently manipulate large volumes of data and be able to present these in easy to read, impactful and consistent formats to fulfil the requirements both for internal use and external requests.
The Data Analyst will do this by:
- Using statistical techniques to collate, interpret and analyse data
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
To make an impact and be successful in this Data Analyst role, you will have:
- Some experience as a data analyst
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel etc)
- Experience of query writing, report writing and presenting findings
- Ideally, a qualification, A Level or Higher, in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
In addition, you will be expected to be self-motivated and driven and have excellent communication skills.
If you possess the above experience and skills and want be part of something new which will truly make a difference then please click ‘APPLY’ below to be considered for their Data Analyst role.